Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | Mrs. Black s window and lulu | Howe Chancellor and her dog | wait | Middle cecey baby portrait | Sharon and restaurants |
Related Artists:Edward Theodore Compton
(July 29 1849 - March 22 1921) was an English-born, German artist, illustrator and mountain climber. He is well-known for his paintings and drawings of alpine scenery, and as a mountaineer made 300 major ascents including no fewer than 27 first ascents.
Compton was born in Stoke Newington in London, the son of Theodore Compton, an art-loving insurance agent, and grew up in a deeply religious Quaker household. He attended various art schools, including, for a time, the Royal Academy in London, but otherwise he was mainly self-taught in art.
(Breslau 1591-1647 Thorn) was a German baroque painter from Silesia who worked in Poland.
He studied art in the studio of his father. He spent time in Vienna and in Prague. In 1633 he settled in Gdansk and in 1637 operated in Elbing, and thereafter in Torun.
According to Houbraken he received the Dutch painter Gillis Schagen in Elbing in 1637. Strobel was court painter to the emperor at that time, and later became court painter to Władysław IV Vasa, King of Poland.Schagen painted a portrait of the King of Poland to "prove his mastership of the art" for him.
According to the RKD he worked mostly in Prague.
He produced royal court paintings and paintings for the chapel of St.. Kaźmirza in Vilna, (1636-37), and religious paintings in Torue in 1634.
painted Ex-voto in 1898