Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | kokerskan | After the Meal (san03) | In a Room | Scha Guitry Dans sa Loge | Still Life with Salad Greens |
Related Artists:Jean-Pierre-Alexandre Antigna
painted The Fire in 1850-51
william frederick mitchell
Ytterlännäs parish, in the province of Ångermanland, belonged to the Archdiocese of Uppsala in the Middle Ages, but has been part of the Diocese of Härnösand since that was formed in 1647. The two churches of he parish, the old one from the early 13th century, and the new one from 1848-1854, are located between the communities of Nyland and Bollstabruk, within Kramfors Municipality.
The Ytterlännäs New Church taken into use in 1854 is an example of the style known as a tegnarlada ("Tegnor barn") - spacious, white, clean, neo-classical. The Ytterlännäs Old Church (Ytterlännäs Gamla Kyrka) dates from the 1200s and features medieval vaults, wall-paintings and wooden sculptures, and baroque furnishings including the unusual feature of two galleries; the Ytterlännäs Madonna is regarded by experts as a particularly fine example of the work from the Hälsingland workshop of Haaken Gulleson, all in an excellent state of preservation thanks to the church's being abandoned after 1854.