Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | LuSen | The woman standing in the living room | Sleep | self portrait | Paris woman |
Related Artists:Edward Henry Corbould,RI,RWS
Painter, illustrator and sculptor, son of (2) Henry Corbould. A pupil of Henry Sass (1788-1844) and a student at the Royal Academy, he showed more wide-ranging interests than his father or uncle. He worked in watercolour and briefly in sculpture, winning gold medals for both from the Society of Arts (Fall of Phaeton, watercolour, 1834; St George and the Dragon, sculpture, exh. RA 1835; both untraced). He designed monumental figures for an unexecuted London County Council sculpture project for Blackfriars Bridge (1889), but he concentrated primarily on watercolours of literary and historical subjects, which he exhibited with the New Water-Colour Society from 1837 until 1898. Francesco di Stefano called Pesellino
Florence ca 1422-1457Johann Michael Sattler
(28 September 1786, Herzogenburg, Lower Austria - 28 September 1847, Mattsee, Salzburg) was an Austrian portrait and landscape painter, best known for his large-scale panoramas.
Sattler attended the Vienna Academy beginning in 1804 under the tutelage of Hubert Maurer. In 1819 Sattler moved to Salzburg, where in 1824 he began to paint a 360-degree panorama of the city as seen from the top of Salzburg's castle. The massive work covered 125 square metres and was first exhibited in 1829. Salzburg made him an honorary resident. Stattler toured across Europe with the painting for ten years, writing about his return in 1838, "with 30 tons and crossing approximately 30,000 kilometres of land and water, a feat no one had ever done before me and one which would be difficult to repeat in the future." Satler's son, the artist Hubert Sattler, donated the work to the city in 1870. The painting is now on display at the Salzburg Museum in a specially designed area called the Panorama Museum.