Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | Li the lady and her children | Mother glasses Vial | Yellow curtains | Reading newspapers Russell | A single card game |
Related Artists:Henry Scott Tuke
British Painter and photographer , 1858-1929
English painter. He entered the Slade School of Art, London, in 1875, under Alphonse Legros and Sir Edward Poynter. In 1877 he won a Slade scholarship and in 1880 travelled to Italy, where he made his first nude life drawings, an important revelation to him of light, colour and the human form. From 1881 to 1883 he was in Paris and met Jules Bastien-Lepage, who encouraged his studies en plein air. Arnold Bucklin
1827 Basle-1901 SanHector Hanoteau
(25 May 1823 - 7 April 1890, 66) or Hector Charles Auguste Octave Constance Hanoteau was a French landscape painter, born at Decize in Nievre. At the École des Beaux-Arts, he was a pupil of Gignoux, and devoted himself chiefly to landscapes, characterized by sturdy realism and skillful color. He famous works are "The Village Pond," "The Frogs," and "The Water Lilies," all of which are in the Musee du Luxembourg. He is represented also in several French provisional museums. He received a first-class medal at the Paris Exposition of 1889 and the cross of the Legion of Honor in 1870.