Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | The ladies wear face shamao | Mishra and his sister | Arthur Fong special table | Claude Bernheim de Villers | Enfant avec Echarpe Rouge |
Related Artists:Popova, Liubov
Russian Constructivist Painter and Designer, 1889-1924dierec bouts
He was an Early Netherlandish painter.
According to Karel van Mander in his Het Schilderboeck of 1604, Bouts was born in Haarlem and was mainly active in Leuven (Louvain), where he was city painter from 1468. Van Mander confused the issue by writing biographies of both "Dieric of Haarlem" and "Dieric of Leuven," although he was referring to the same artist. The similarity of their last names also led to the confusion of Bouts with Hubrecht Stuerbout, a prominent sculptor in Leuven. Very little is actually known about Bouts' early life, but he was greatly influenced by Jan van Eyck and by Rogier van der Weyden, under whom he may have studied. He is first documented in Leuven in 1457 and worked there until his death in 1475.Giuseppe Bottani
Italian , Cremona 1717- Mantova 1784
was an Italian painter active in the Baroque period. He was born in Cremona. In Florence, he was a pupil of Vincenzo Meucci and il Puglieschi. He moved to Rome to work under Agostino Masucci, then he returned to Cremona after 1745. In 1769, he was named professor of painting and director of the Accademia di Belli Arti in Mantua. He was known for painting landscapes in the style of Gaspard Poussin, and figures in the style of Maratta. He painted a St. Paola taking leave of her Attendants as being in the church of SS. Cosmo e Damiano at Milan.